Here are some general ideas on how to strengthen existing customer relationships and build new relationships with potential clients.
- Stay focused on your client. When you’re with the client, make sure you are 100 percent with the client. It sounds like a no brainer, but how many times have you read an email, sent a text or even answered a phone call while meeting with a client? Remember that your customer is just as busy as you are and deserves your full attention.
- Keep track of your client’s successes. Are you keeping track of your client’s achievements? Congratulate them when they are quoted on the news or featured in any articles on their work or business.
- Make life for your client or potential client easier. For example, if parking in your business location is a problem, offer to have someone pick up the client or meet them in a different location.
- Know your product or service well. Technology allows for savvy, educated consumers with access to loads of information. Make sure you understand your competition and your company’s competitive advantage. If you have a strong understanding of your own product or service, it will be easier to win over a customer.
- Be helpful. Always try to be helpful, even if it doesn’t result in a sale. Most clients will see through superficial sales tactics, but they will keep coming back to the business that takes a genuine interest in serving their needs.
- Always go the extra mile. I am a true believer that in any aspect of life, what goes around comes around, and the same goes for business. That extra mile will pay at the end.
At the end of the day, strengthening or forming strong customer relationships boils down to human and personal relationships. Remember that we all tend to buy from and interact
with people we like, so make sure the next customer who enters your shop likes you.
Let Zions Bank’s Business Resource Center assist you with your business needs. Call us for a free appointment at (801) 594-8245. We are open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Beth Holbrook can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.