Join the U.S. Commercial Service, World Trade Center Utah, and the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) to learn how to grow and support your international business expansion into Mexico and Canada under the proposed new deal.
Hear from Geri Word, Director of the Office of North America for the U.S. Department of Commerce and David M. Glaccum, Associate Administrator at the Office of International Trade at the U.S. Small Business Administration as they discuss the following topics:
- The current status of NAFTA and how it will change under the proposed replacement: USMCA
- Three key goals of the USMCA
- The changes on "Rules of Origin" for autos, agriculture, labor, digital trade, Intellectual Property
- How SMEs will be recognized and benefited with easier market entry procedures into Canada and Mexico
- How Utah companies can utilize grant funding from the U.S. Small Business Administration to aid in their international efforts
Date: September 24
Time: 2:00 PM
Location: World Trade Center Utah - Canyonlands
Parking: Parking is available using City Creek Center parking. The first two hours are free. If you need a validation, please bring your parking ticket to the main third-floor reception desk.