The Women Tech Council announced the recipients of the Women Tech Awards, a program to recognize women across all technology disciplines who are leading and founding technology companies, trailblazing new paths, and building innovative technologies, tools and experiences. Now in its 12th year, the program highlighted eight award recipients and 22 finalists and included a keynote address from Tami Erwin, EVP & Group CEO of Verizon Business Group.
"By providing visibility for women in technology, these awards have changed the landscape of the technology sector and the career trajectories of hundreds of women and young women," said Cydni Tetro, Women Tech Council president. "The visibility they bring is magnified even further through the support of industry partners like Tami Erwin, and strengthens every other part of the economic pipeline for women in technology by amplifying leadership-level opportunities and activating more women into tech fields."
Award recipients were selected for their impact on the technology industry and economy, and community contributions. The STEM Pathway award recipient was given to an undergraduate student for their STEM-focused work.
The 12th annual award recipients are as follows:
- Entrepreneurship Excellence: Erin Valenti, Tinker
- Technology Leadership: Maureen Botoman, Pluralsight
- Culture Leadership: Linda Llewelyn, Health Catalyst
- Data Innovator: Crystal Valentine, Eventbrite
- Operational Excellence: Tina Larson, Recursion Pharmaceuticals
- Diversity Leadership: Heather Conlan-Katz, Goldman Sachs
- Visionary Trailblazer: Aniza Brown, Hill Air Force Base
- STEM Pathway: Jessica Jones, Utah Valley University
In addition to these awards, Adobe was awarded the Impact Award for their leading efforts to increase industry inclusion and diversity.
In addition to the award recipients, the following finalists were also honored:
- Anjul Bhambhri, Vice President Platform Engineering, Adobe
- Beth Klaumann, Chief Engineer, Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems
- Christie Kent, Chief Financial Officer, OptConnect
- Emily Smith, Director Strategic Partners, Divvy
- Kari Hensien, Vice President Product & Brand Experience, RizePoint
- Karla Renee, Associate Content Manager, Lucid Software
- Katie Boyd, Analytics Director and Engagement Lead, Health Catalyst
- Kristie Rowley, Principal Consultant Data Science, Domo
- Laura Butler, Senior Vice President People & Culture, Workfront
- Lina Nilsson, Senior Director Data Science Product, Recursion Pharmaceuticals
- Linda Llewelyn, Chief People Officer, Health Catalyst
- Marta DeBellis, Chief Marketing Officer, Instructure
- Katie Verela, Brigham Young University (student finalist)
- Sara Stamps, Weber State University (student finalist)
- Serena Aeschilman, University of Utah (student finalist)
The awards were held in partnership with Dealertrack, Dell EMC, Domo, EY, Health Catalyst, Nice InContact, Pelion and Vivint Smart Home.